The Australasian Institute of Surface Finishing (AISF)’s vision is to be recognised as the representative voice of the surface finishing community, enabling members to protect and enhance long-term sustainability of our industry and its stakeholders.
AISF’s overriding objective is to ensure that our members are equipped with the skills to strive for best practice outcomes and to deal with important issues impacting the surface finishing industry.
We strive to;
- Promote members and their services
- Represent the professional Interests of our members and the wider surface finishing community
- Develop talented industry professionals
- Protect and enhance the future of our industry
- Ensure quality performance coatings & finishing
The AISF has representation in Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia.
The AISF has two Specialist Divisions:
Representing Anodisers nationally
Quality Licencing Program for Architectural Aluminium. Australia’s only licensing and audit system for the entire powder coating process on architectural aluminium to ensure compliance with AS3715.
Technical Working Groups
The AISF have a number of Steering Committees and Technical Working Groups who colaborate in their areas of expertise on a number of projects to improve member benefit.
Currently the AISF are calling for members to join the following Technical Working groups:
- AS4506 – Metal Finishing – Thermoset powder coatings
- AS1231 – Aluminium and aluminium alloys – Anodic oxidation coatings
AISF membership serves as a fantastic opportunity to be part of a leading industry association and provides an enviable platform to be recognised as an industry leader amongst your peers Australia wide.